I came up with a recipe to combine two of my favorite things: beef jerky and El Yucateco Black Label Reserve chile habanero hot sauce. While the ingredients look like this will pack a big, spicy punch, I promise that it’s only medium spicy.
Lots of folks have opined on techniques for making beef jerky. I recommend reading the advice from Fresh Off the Grid: https://www.freshoffthegrid.com/simple-beef-jerky-recipe/
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp El Yucateco Black Label Reserve chile habanero hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp hickory liquid smoke
- 2 lbs lean cut of beef, sliced thinly
Mix up the marinade in a gallon ziplock bag. Add the sliced beef. Marinate in the fridge at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
Cook in a dehydrator at 165° for 3-5 hours. Check it after a few hours and pull it out of the dehydrator when the jerky is as cooked and pliable as you like.